Sin
entices us.
It looks so tasty.
It draws us in, slyly, internally, … to
nothingness.
We finally get close enough
to taste it … will it be good? Mmm…
AH
it burns our tongues … to black roughness – we can’t get the bitter agony out
of our mouths. It looks hot, enticing,
passionate, sucking us in, everything we might think we’ve ever wanted … right?
… until we get close enough to really see that’s it’s all we’ve ever hated …
all we’ve run from … nothing we want … but it pulls us in and we suffer. We are left empty, hurt, dark, dirty, ashamed,
distant … feeling unloved, used, alone …
…Until
we see a light… blindingly bright, in the corner, in the distance – we shade
our faces from it – it hurts … but only for a moment … can I let go of
this? Can I face the future? Can I let people see what I did?? You open one eye … and the other …
And
the light floods back in. You resist it …
until you look up to see the face of the Savior, (tears just burst out from me
;), the Saving Lord of Love, looking lovingly down on you, holding you in His
arms, touching your face, wanting nothing more than for you to let go of the
hurt and come back into His healing arms.
He longs to take you back and make you whole again. Let Him.
Dispel the darkness and cling to grace, to the hope of the newness and
refreshment and new breath only God provides.
Child,
I already took this pain from you.
I
already died so you didn’t have to. Don’t
run from me.
I already forgave you once
for all. Run to me. Come home.
There will be acceptance, family, fulfillment, love, celebration there.
I will strengthen you again so next time you
don’t fall, but even if you do, I will ALWAYS be there to pick you up, right
where you are. That’s a promise.
Praise. God. For
this. :D
Every single day.
“And
I will be with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28:20
“I
will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Deuteronomy 31:6B,
“Nothing
can ever separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” - Romans 8:38-39
“The
thief came only to kill, steal, and destroy.
I came that you may have LIFE, and have it ABUNDANTLY.” :) - John 10:10
Living
God’s way is soooo fulfilling. It’s not
a list of rules and thou-shalt-nots. It’s
not holding back from all the things you want to do. You’ll realize (sometimes after a loooong
time) that you didn’t really want those things that go against God anyway. (In Romans 7, Paul says he does the things he hates, and I still do the things I hate and know are wrong sometimes too, because they feel good in the moment...but hurt later. In Romans 8, Paul remembers the great benefit of living by the Spirit instead of living by the sinful nature). It’s
soooooo much better – He created everything – He created our hearts – He knows
what makes us tick and what satisfies us and brings us enjoyment and true,
lasting peace.
True passion, pure
desires, constant unity and belonging on a deeper, soul-engaging level like you
never imagined (until you went to Riverside Bible Camp ;). It’s the way to truly receive love that’s
lasting, love that can pour through you, and you can give it out to others in
unbelievable meaningful ways.
“Take
delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” – Psalm 37:4
“And
let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do
not give up.” – Galatians 6:9
Psalm 73:25-26
25 Whom have I in heaven but
you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
As I was writing this, I thought of the phrase from the Bible, "that our sins may be blotted out", so I googled it (ya 21st century technology!), and I was taken to Acts 3. I love this:
11While
the [previously-lame] man held on to Peter and John, all the people were astonished and came
running to them in the place called Solomon’s Colonnade. 12When
Peter saw this, he said to them: “Fellow Israelites, why does this surprise
you? Why do you stare at us as if by our own power or godliness we had made
this man walk? 13The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the
God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be
killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him
go. 14You
disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to
you. 15You
killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses
of this. 16By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and
know was made strong. It is Jesus’ name and the faith that comes through him
that has completely healed him, as you can all see. 17 "Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what He had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that He may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you - even Jesus. 21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his hold prophets. 22 For Moses said, 'The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything He tells you."
I heard on the radio today that God uses even our struggles and sins for His good to strengthen us. He overcomes!
And because God always puts a song in my heart:
"Christ is Risen" (Radio-edit) - Matt Maher
Let no one caught in sin remain*
Inside the lie of inward shame
We fix our eyes upon the cross
And run to him who showed great love
And bled for us
Freely you bled, for us
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling over death by death
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave!
Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with him again
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave
,,,
Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
The glory of God has defeated the night!
Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
Our God is not dead, he's alive! he's alive!
We are one with him again
Come awake, come awake!
Come and rise up from the grave
,,,
Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
The glory of God has defeated the night!
Oh death! Where is your sting?
Oh hell! Where is your victory?
Oh Church! Come stand in the light!
Our God is not dead, he's alive! he's alive!
I did not plan on writing this blog tonight. I was going to get on my computer to watch "Revenge" on hulu. But I listened to a couple songs and journaled to the Lord, and I just felt really convicted to put this up on my blog. I hope God speaks to someone through it. It's raw, it's honest ... but I believe it's relatable and true.
We all struggle with some sin. Whether we know the Lord well or have never been to church in our lives. We live in a broken world. But praise be to God that this, our mistakes and struggles and dirt, is not the end of the story. Not even close. God would not leave us like this. Live like it. Live a life worthy of being loved, saved, redeemed, given a second chance, chosen for something better. We have so much to live for. Amen.
"You are stronger, You are stronger, sin is BROKEN, You have saved me..."
Sin still exists. Oh boy, it does. But when we claim Christ's power over our lives, sin no longer has ANY POWER over us! We can rebuke it and live for Christ, made pure and blameless and sin-free again every time we turn to Him!
Feel free to leave comments. I'd love to pray for you with Christ's authority against any sins or hurts or concerns or even skepticism you may have! I am here to serve!! Maybe you shake your head at this post, thinking that "sin" is no big deal, and you have a right to live your own life the way you want, and all this "God-stuff" is religious hoopla and not worth your time. I guarantee you the Lord is worth your time ... your eternity. But let's chat about it! :)
Good word.
ReplyDelete