Steph O's Blog

Sharing words God has taught me on this crazy journey through life, hoping they can shed light to your path!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"
- Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Little Insight from Today :)

Today was amazing. Mostly. :) This morning I got up and read some Matthew 14, had my 9:00 class cancelled, met up with some awesome high school friends for coffee, had lunch with Miss Lottie, enjoyed Wind Symphony and Orchestra rehearsals all afternoon (I actually wasn't tired!), and headed off to volunteer at Kids WOW! It was easy to be filled with joy and happiness. God is great!

Then at WOW, I forgot (and was reminded of) the names of a couple girls in my small group, and one girl definitely noticed. "How do you know my name!" Even though she's been in my group all semester... I feel bad. So then, little things started getting in my way: At 8:00, I normally have Bible Study, but that was cancelled because of snowy weather; :( I ate a lot of dinner and felt guilty about it; I still had to drive back to campus in the wet weather to practice.

But then I realized something.
Why was I letting my performance determine my happiness?

No matter how I'm feeling or in how many ways I succeed or fail during the day, Jesus Christ still died for me. Apart from anything I could do. Ephesians 2:8-9

So I thought about this a little while I practicing my clarinet, and on the car ride back home .... I heard a song that spoke to my heart.


"Today is the Day" by Lincoln Brewster
I LOVE this song because:
1) It's FULL of Truth -- so much Scripture - gives so much PEACE
2) We sing it at Kids WOW and the kids have so much fun singing it to Jesus - and we have sweet actions! (The only bad thing is we don't sing the verses! Look at the epic lyrics! -below-)
3) Memories behind it... Riverside's weekly video for every week of camp last summer.
And I woke up to it (radio alarm clock) a couple weeks ago when I was making a
big decision, and it totally calmed my fears :)
4) Relates to my life so much
5) Not gonna lie -- good vocal range :) Easy to sing along! Yes I'm a music major.


LISTEN TO IT & READ THESE LYRICS --- be inspired!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGKr9EI_rYc


Today is the Day

Oh, oh, oh...
I'm casting my cares aside 1 Peter 5:7
I'm leaving my past behind
I'm setting my heart and mind on You Colossians 3:1-3
Jesus

I'm reaching my hand to Yours Isaiah 41:10
Believing there’s so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11
Is good James 1:17

Chorus:
Today is the day You have made ***Psalm 118:24
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won't worry about tomorrow Matthew 6:34 (6:25-34)
I'm trusting in what You say Jeremiah 17:7-8, Proverbs 3:5-6
Today is the day

I putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind Matthew 21:21, James 1:6
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You
Jesus

I'm reaching my hand to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good
Is good

Chorus

I will stand upon Your truth.
(I will stand upon Your truth)
And all my days I'll live for You
(And all my days I'll live for You)


***And my, how God brightened my mood again so quickly! He used this song to help me re-focus on the vastness of what we already have in Christ. ! He saved us, He loves us (Romans 8:31-39), He blesses us, He is with us 24/7 ;) -- that is more than enough! We can have an inner joy based in Christ every single day, no matter our circumstances. If today is our last day or our 10000th from last, it is still a beautiful day that the Lord has made.***

So tonight I felt joy and inspiration and stayed up late writing and listening to music. Soo worth it. :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." - 1 Peter 5:7

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." - Colossians 3:1-3

"Do not fear, for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28

"This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24


"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." - Matthew 6:34

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD
And whose trust is the LORD.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water,
That extends its roots by a stream
And will not fear when the heat comes;
But its leaves will be green,
And it will not be anxious in a year of drought
Nor cease to yield fruit." - Jeremiah 17:7-8

"Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done." - Matthew 21:21

No comments:

Post a Comment