I want to be a jar of clay
Simple pottery
Plain
One color
Simply loved
Formed by bare hands
You may pass by me on the shelf,
Set me aside in a forgotten cupboard
But I am content
Joyed to serve my purpose alone
If one day you look inside,
Discovering the light I hold,
And embrace it,
Dipping your hands into the warmth
And lifting it out for the world to see.
But leave me in the background
Dusty, on the counter
Back in the cabinet
Without a need to be seen,
Not on the outside
I serve my purpose best if I go unnoticed,
If only my jar has a window,
For the great light to shine through
A light coming not from me,
But the loving Hands that formed me."For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us." - 2 Corinthians 4:5-7
"Yet, O Lord, You are our Father.
We are the clay, You are the potter;
we are all the work of Your hand."
- Isaiah 64:8
Very pretty.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Matt!
ReplyDelete