Steph O's Blog

Sharing words God has taught me on this crazy journey through life, hoping they can shed light to your path!

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"
- Psalm 119:105 (KJV)

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Story of my Life!

I read this incredible truth-filled passage in my devotional book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young today. It totally describes my life and what I've been learning this week at Riverside training-

"Relax in My healing, holy Presence. Be still, while I transform your heart and mind. Let go of cares and worries, so that you can receive My Peace. Cease striving, and know that I am God.
Do not be like Pharisees who multiplied regulations, creating their own form of 'godliness'. They got so wrapped up in their own rules that they lost sight of Me. Even today, man-made rules about how to live the Christian life enslave many people. Their focus is on their performance, rather than on Me.
It is through knowing Me intimately that you become like Me. This requires spending time alone with Me. Let go, relax, be still, and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10 and 1 John 3:2)

I knew the power of surrendering to God, but I had little-by-little been focusing on my performance ... how many verses I'd memorized, how long my quiet times were, and I started unintentionally boasting about these things. :( But guess what -- as sooon as I take control and think I've got this faith all figured out, it turns to pride and I distance myself from God's power in me. It's like I let go of God's hand and say, "No it's ok, I can walk on my own." It won't be long before I stumble, walk slow, mess up; because we are not strong enough to walk forward on God's path on our own.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses so that the power of Christ may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9
- - - We need God's strength. I had been trying to act on my own, unintentionally, and it only turned into judgmental thoughts / comparing myself to others and growing less. This week I'm experiencing the awe of God's POWER as I surrender my ALL to Him. I'm still learning more on this, but I hope this offers encouragement!

1 John 3:1-3 We are all still kids to God, and we don't know what the future holds. We have to trust God to have control and lead us in everything! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment